Thursday, September 3, 2015

Motivational Poster



To make the Motivational Poster we had to make layers. First, was the design which started with kerning. I used kerning with making both my text layers fill the whole page with no gaps. Then there is the triadic color scheme, which is when there is 1 dominant color that is harmoniously balanced with 2 accent colors on a color wheel. Next, I had to use visual balance, which is equal distribution of visual weight for artistic appeal. Finally, I had to use the blending option for both my text layers and the adjustment for all 4 of my image layers. These are all the requirements we had to have to make a Motivational poster.

We had many steps that we needed to follow in order to complete our Motivational Poster. First, I needed to make and kern my personal quotes. Next, I needed to make and also kern my manifesto. Then, I downloaded three personal symbols and a portrait of my face. With those pictures I organized them to make visual balance. Last, but not least, I used triadic color scheme to help create my lettering more colorful. These are the steps I took in order to complete my Motivational Poster.


The biggest challenge I had while making my motivational poster was probably kerning. I overcame it by testing tools out. Also, I tried out things and focused on using the tools that I learned. By using the left side tool it made it easier to kern because it made it so I only needed to kern one side of my Personal Quotes and Manifesto. Next time I am going to take it slow and practice so I can improve. My biggest challenge was kerning but I overcame it.





No comments:

Post a Comment