Friday, October 28, 2016

Geometric Portraits

Universal means that something is done by all people. So, facial expressions are universal. No matter where you are from, or how you grew up, everyone has the same facial expressions. However, where you are from, and how you grew up, most of the time, influence which facial expressions you most often use. When we are born we all automatically have facial expressions. In an article I read, Do facial expressions convey the same emotions around the world, it says, "basic facial expressions are universal -- implying that are hard-wired within us, the product of natural selection. In other words, you would know if someone looked happy, or sad, etc., wherever you were in the world." So, no matter where in the world you go, everyone can tell what your emotions are through your facial expressions.

I created a geometric portrait. I first had to take a symmetrical photo of myself. Second, after putting the photo in photoshop, I had to get myself organized. I had to make layers like, background, nose, hair, and outline. Then, I changed my background to white and began creating the outline of my image. The hair came next, putting in the triangles as I went, only doing half my face. Then so on until all of my facial features, including my skin, were covered with triangles. Then I merged my facial features together, and started blending in the colors. After that, I flipped my image and put it on the other side. Then I saved it, and I was finished.


For this project, I made a poly 1 and 2. Poly 1 we made an outline and made triangle inside our face. After that, you fill color into each triangle. But, for poly 2, we completely took out the outline with the triangles. Instead, we created triangles using the lasso tool and from there we filled in the color. Poly 1 was a picture of ourselves on the computer, while poly 2 was a picture of my mom at my house with a camera. I think that poly 2 was better then poly 1 because it didn't take as long and had less steps. Also, it had more of a pop and the background had lots of color. Poly 1 and 2 had some similarities but, still had some things that were different.

1 comment: