Monday, November 30, 2015

Scratch Game Design




User experience helped improve my game many ways. One way is that the user helped me think if the sprites were moving to fast or to slow. Also, the user helped me to keep the sprites enjoyable. Finally, our user's experience help me to know if my game is bug-free. My user's experience helped me to improve my game and make it bug-free.

My chase game, (above) has many features. Like, the two different sprites, squirrel and the dog. My second feature is the background. I have four backdrops, the tree, lake, forest, and the blue sky. Another feature that my game has are the sound effects. Every time, I score a point a pixie dust sound appears. Also, when you win the game a crowd cheering sound plays. My platformer game, also above, has features, too. Some are the backdrops and characters. These are some of the features of the video games above.

My chase game had little code, but my platformer game had more complex code. My most difficult bug fix, was probably having the gravity on my platformer game, realistic. Also, in my chase game, a bug that I had to fix was when the score would just keep adding, like when the dog first touched the squirrel, the score would minus like, 123. I fixed this by making the score wait 1 second after the dog touched the squirrel.



10 comments:

  1. I like how smoothly the squirl moved. However, the dog should have been smoother. Although, I like how the back grounds changed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how smoothly your squirrel moves! However your dog could move a bit more smooth. I love all of your backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey great job Meah I really enjoyed your game and like the background changes.
    Although I thought that the dog could be a bit more debugged or smother.
    I enjoyed playing your game it was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job making the squirrel move smoothly
    The dog could be a little more smooth without moving like really jerky
    nicely done overall

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the objective of the game.
    One concern I have is to make the dog sprite move smoother.
    I really like the theme of your game. It's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Meah, I like how you went with a christmas theme. One thing that you could have done was have the sprite jump smoother and higher so I could get on the blocks. Overall I loved your game it was really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how smooth you sprite moves but you could make the platforms go a little slower and add a little more so you have more time to get the snowflake. However I love your concept. Its really COOL! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the theme matches everything which most don't do, however the platforms move a little to fast and they are really small, but if you changed that your game would be a fun game to play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Squirrel moves really well, the dog maybe can go faster. I think the game is really well like the baxckgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Meah! I like that you went with a Christmas theme. It's so cute! Although, when I was playing your game, I couldn't jump on the platforms. But overall, awesome game!

    ReplyDelete